It's been a pretty calm week here in Severn Hall everybody's back from their Learning week trips ranging from Oslo to Paris and everybody is booking their trips for spring break and getting their work done before they go. Friday night was a little different though. We had a late night international snack tasting. It was pretty cool there was american food, spanish food, french food, czech food and random food! It was good and a nice way to just kind of hang out and take a break from doing actual work for a change, haha.
Saturday was our trip to Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon-Avon and I have to say that sadly I wasn't to impressed. Warwick Castle was far more impressive from the outside than the inside and my two favorite things were 1)climbing to the top of Guy's Tower 2) the peacock garden. Guy's Tower was this huge tower and when I climbed up the staircase I literally was crawling up the stairs, that's how steep it was. The view from the top was really cool as well and it was pretty, though it was quite windy and cold. The peacock garden was a lot of fun, there were loads of peacocks and ducks and we just kind of wandered around hanging out with the animals. The castle itself wasn't horrible, just wasn't my favorite thing I've seen so far. After we left the castle we took the short drive to see Anne Hatheways' Cottage and then we were off to see Stratford. When we got there I realised how commercialised it had become. The shops were cool and all and what I had to remember is that there is still a town there... but the Shakesperience? I mean ... that's a bit over the top. At any rate, we say where he was born and lived and where he died and then we just wandered around town. Overall the day was okay. Not anything spectactular, but still something that should be seen while you're in England. This upcoming weekend is York. I didn't actually sign up to go to York, but I'm going to see if I can go, because a lot of people who did sign up to go aren't going to be here, because they're leaving for Italy Thursday or Friday. So I might be able to get on the bus that way, we shall see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment