Saturday was spent in London with Belinda and boy was it an adventure, but seriously one of the best days I've had since I've been here! Thankfully I have been to London once and it's pretty easy to get around so I was able to seem like a pro and we didn't get lost once!
My day started or continued at 6:20 a.m. when I began getting ready for the day. I had no sleep the night before and Belinda had gotten about 2 and a half hours, but we were troopers and were out the door by 7 a.m. The train we wanted to catch left at 7:22 a.m. and we made it by literally one minute... I endued up pulling off my shows so I could walk a bit faster. We got on the train and I ended up falling asleep about a half hour into the ride. So I got about an hour and a half of sleep, so that was a good thing! We arrived at Paddington station at 9:30 a.m. or so, hopped off the train and went upstairs to get our underground passes for the day and got our day long travel pass for areas 1 and 2. Then hopped on the underground to try and get discount tickets for a show, since the place at Paddington didn't have anything. Unfortunately Lion King, which is what we had originally intended to see only had the really expensive tickets left, BUT Wicked had two cheap tickets for £24.50 a piece. Not bad at all! We were both excited though to get tickets! So we headed over to Victoria stop just so we could have an idea of where the theatre was going to be. The minute we came out of the underground tunnel, we looked to our left and there was this huge photo of Wicked on the theatre we were going to! It was incredible... (there will be pictures later). At any rate, we ended up walking around Victoria for a few hours because we had time to kill before the show. We were scoping out places to eat as well! Haha, we saw the first place and were like ooo let's eat there, then would see another and say well maybe we should eat there... eventually we said let's just wait and see how busy everything is after the show. LoL!
So finally we were able to get into the theater after of course stopping for a milkshake! Hehe, I bought the tickets this time and Belinda payed for all the food. Next time it will be switched around! At any rate, we got in and decided to buy a program for £6, but it's really the nicest program I've ever seen. So worth it! At any rate, we were dying to get into our seats and we were pretty high up, but we had a straight view down! We had GREAT seats. Now it's going to be hard to describe.... the set was incredible! The show opened up and it was just so incredible and powerful the entire time... we had a great cast as well. The person who played Elphaba, Kerry Ellis was INCREDIBLE. So was Glinda, but I loved Elphaba. Fiyero was Adam Garcia... who has been in Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Coyote Ugly, but he was just fantastic. We had Miriam Margolyes as Madame Morrible... who plays Professor Sprout in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I could go through the entire cast... but everybody was great! It was so great that today I created my I-Tunes account and downloaded the entire album! I am just sitting here listening to the soundtrack. It was so great... the voices.... so great. I can't wait to get back! It was great! Fabulous, astounding! After that we decided to go and have dinner at Bella Italia and it was sooooooo good. Great Italian food! Then we caught the tube back to Paddington and caught the train back to Worcester and had a blast taking random photo's of each other on the way back and got back to school after ten past midnight. So it was a long day... but one of the best days ever. Will do a picture post of a few of the things that we saw late today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, did you have a good time Ashley?? HAHA! Sounds super. I've seen Wicked and would have been shocked had you not loved it. That's great that your seats were super too. Sounds like you are easily adapting to being a Brit. Have fun (and sure, do study too......) Love, Aunt Kathy
Haha, I know, it was so bad on the trip back to uni, because both Belinda and I were soooo hyper! Even though our seats were really high up we had a direct view of the stage. I am easily adapting! Hah, and of course am studying as well, had my first essay ready to turn in Friday for class tomorrow.
Post a Comment