Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Day In Manchester

Saturday morning I awoke to my alarm going off at 6:30 a.m. and let me tell you it's not something I've had to do for quite some time. It was not an easy task, nor was I happy camper, but I did it anyway. The reason? Well I was off to Manchester for the day. So I got up showered and ready for the day and then a bunch of us headed over to meet the bus for our 3 hour ride to Manchester. It was a pretty quiet ride over with everybody just listening to their own music and I fell asleep on the way over. We got to Manchester and Anette, Carina, Mikael, Martin, Simon, Belinda, Nagore, her friend, Anxo, Anais and I decided to go see the Manchester United Stadium in Old Trafford. So we got a bus... a DOUBLE DECKER bus :-D and took the 20 minute ride over to the stadium. The next post has all the pictures. We were all just so happy to be on a double decker bus! Haha. It was great! It was my first ride and several of the others as well. So we got to the stadium and entered the megastore and it was definitely a megastore and I got a Manchester United t-shirt for myself and something for Emily as well. Now Anette was DYING to take a tour of the stadium, like this was a dream for her. She loves football (aka soccer) and was just happy to be in the megastore but she wanted to be closer to the field, so we asked if there were any tours and sure enough there were and there was a student discount as well. So Martin, Mikael, Simon, Anette, Carina, Belinda and I took the hour and a quarter tour of the Manchester United Stadium, and we got to go into the locker room, press room, VIP room, down the tunnel.. basically everywhere. It was a great tour and really informative too! We got done with the tour about 2 p.m. and headed back to the city centre to grab a quick bite to eat and then do a bit of shopping. Surprisingly enough I didn't buy anything! Though we did find this HUGE shopping outlet, the only thing I bought was something to drink and eat for the journey back. It ended up being a pretty fun ride home and then we hung out a bit for Lisa's birthday.

This upcoming week I have learning week break, which means I will not be in classes. Which also means I will not be at school. My flight for Scotland leaves Monday. I will be in Scotland Monday through Thursday, then in London Thursday through Monday. So if you comment and I do not get back to you until Monday I apologize I will try and find at least one internet cafe Wednesday/Thursday just to do a quick check of email and that sort. But other than that I will not be reachable via internet until Monday. I'm really excited about going on my first big trip and the fact that I'm flying is huge! But I'm ready for it! So here goes nothing! Hope everybody has a good week. And also a happy mothers day UK style, because Mothers Day in the UK is on the 12 of March.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

6:30 one day i get up at 6:00 everyday for school do i don't want to hear any complaining

Anonymous said...

by the way that comment was from Kelsey♥

Ashley said...

Hahaha... hey I haven't had to do it in a while, give a girl a break!