First off let me start by saying, I hope this doesn't offend anybody. I'm simply writing exactly what I feel as my final days are here and this will be one of my last entries here.
I leave next Friday morning which is only 9 days away and today as I began to throw things away and pack certain things up, I got extremely sad. I've been here nearly 5 months and I'm not ready to go yet. I've had the most incredible experience of my life and I've been the happiest I've ever been. I'm not ready for that to be over, I've made some of the best friends over here and leaving them is going to be so hard. I knew before I came over here that traveling is something that I've always wanted to do, that living overseas is something that has definitely crossed my mind, but being here and living it and doing it cemented those feelings. I'm so happy to live here and work and travel and be happy. I know that people may not understand how I could be happy to live so far away from my family and friends in the states, but truthfully I'm quite content and happy over here. It's not that difficult for me, I adapt quite easily to new situations. When I graduate next year, there is nothing that would make me happier than to be able to come and work somewhere back in Europe. I want to do international work, I'd love to be a war correspondent or work in an Embassy or be able to work in an International Organization that allowed me to bring the truth into peoples homes.
As I said before I hope this doesn't offend anybody, I just was/am writing what I feel. I'm so happy here and it's truly the happiest I've ever been, something that I don't get to say very often. I have grown in so many ways as well. I'm living overseas by myself now, I know how much I'm spending, I know what I need to do and I'm doing it as best as I can. I'm making mistakes and fixing them. I'm not an irresponsible 21 year old, I make mistakes that I regret and then I learn from then. It's called growing up and I love doing it on my own, with my friends around me. I'm not saying that I don't love my family and their input, because that would be ludicrous, but I am saying that I am an independent woman, I always have been and I always will be. Much love to you all and see you soon......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment