Well I've managed to make it through my first two modules! Yesterday, Monday, I had my Drama course and on my sheet it said that the class started at 5 p.m. Though when I first signed up for the class it said it started at 5:30 p.m. Well it started at 5:30, that way we can have time to have tea and whatnot. Luckily there was one other girl that was there early as well, so we went to the little food court area and had a snack and whatnot. Then we headed back to the classroom, except it wasn't a classroom, it was a studio. I mean we sat on the floor. It was so cool. It is a stage, there's lighting all above and everything. Very cool. So that was difference number one. Then we got an assignment in class where we actually left the builiding to go to the library to do the research and then come back and report our findings. It was so different, then once we had accomplished that, we had to memorize a page from a play that he had given us and then he would randomly call on our groups to perform it. Sort of crazy. Our group didn't called on, but there's still time in the year! After that we went over what would be happening the rest of the term and it's going to be pretty hectic. I have a lot of reading to do already. I actually went to try and buy the book that I needed and they didn't have it! So they had to order it for me. I won't have the book until Tuesday, so I'm hoping that the library will have what I need so I can begin my work! Overall though it looks like it is going to be a good a class and well I hope that the end of the semester production goes well! Yup, I have to put on a 15 minute stage production.... it's going to be crazy!
My abnormal psychology class, is a lot different than what I thought. We have rotating teachers... which I have in my drama class as well, and so the first teacher came in and just started the lecture. He's a great teacher and I think that will be okay. Then the second teacher came in after the first hour was over and gave us some information about the module which we were supposed to have already looked up on webct. Well I hadn't, nor had the girl next to me, so we were both so lost, but it looks like there is going to be a presentation, an essay, an exam and a small group study session! It's a lot of work... especially since the first small group session is week 4 and we've got loads of questions to answer and a debate to prepare! So lots of work! Thankfully I was able to find that book and can get started, though there are about 28 other books that are considered helpful "resource" books. Haha, so I have to go through those as well!!! I absolutely love it! Well I'm off to check webct, will talk about my last two classes once I've had them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment