Wow, I can't believe that I have been here 6 days already. It just doesn't feel that way at all. I definitely feel like I have gotten into the swing of life here at Worcester. Though life has been pretty chill for now, I am truly enjoying my time here. All of the flatmates are getting along, which is good, because there are about 25 or 30 of us. Though I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing how the dynamic will change once classes start tomorrow.
Yup, that's right classes start tomorrow! I am soooo excited! I have class Monday - Thursday, one on each day. My schedule is as follows: Drama class (the actual title is ridiculously long!) from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Monday night, Abnormal Pyschology from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, War, Democracy and The Media from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Wednesday and Social Psychology and the Media from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday. So I think that it's going to be a pretty interesting semester. Of course I'm a bit nervous going into the classes, because it's a completely different style of teaching and there isn't as much work either. There are usually one or two main assignments and that's the bulk of the work that you will do for the entire semester, which is a bit scary in itself to know that your grade is in the hands of one or two projects. So who knows what will happen. I am really excited though to finally be integrated into the college. We have been the majority on campus for the past week, so for the first time we won't be and we'll finally be able to meet the other students and see how the other half lives. Plus only first year students live on campus, then after that you have to live off campus... so it's been pretty interesting... not to say that I haven't met great people, because I have. But I am ready to meet the rest.
After I get through my first week of modules (aka classes) I'm going to start looking into my travel time. I've got about three weeks off of school, plus my long weekends. I know that some of the girls and guys here want to get together and go to Liverpool and a few other places for a weekend, so that could make the price of a place to stay a lot lower if we all go in on it together. So it should be fun! At any rate, I've babbled on long enough and it's about 1:30 a.m. and I am ready for bed. It's still a bit funny to have to think and remember that everybody else is 5 hours behind me and just getting ready for their evening and I'm heading to bed! But I've actually not had a problem (thankfully) getting on the sleep pattern, so I am grateful for that! Eating is still a bit off though, but I am attempting!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment